Friday, January 28, 2011

My Precious Experience

When I was a child, my grandmother used to tell me that she wished I was a boy. I did not like this, and it made me very resentful.

When I was in second grade, my teacher told my parents that I did not show as much potential in my work as my siblings.

This made me determined to do better and go on to attend a good High School and even better college.
That was my goal in my life.

As a result, I was a straight A student through middle school, and went on to a good High School, just as I had hoped.

As a High School student, while my friends were busy studying and preparing to attend a good college, I was struggling with my life. I had many questions about life.
What happens after college and getting a job? What the purpose of life?
I thought without knowing the purpose of life, then life had no true meaning.

I read a book, which said, one day in the future, the computer would control the world. So I studied computer science from 1974-1976, and worked as a programmer.

Although, I was making money, I never had time to spend it on myself. I was a slave for my job. I became depressed and had feelings of wanting to die.

That is when I decided to join the Unification Church. I was 21 and so happy to know the Truth and God’s existence.
I thought I could die at anytime since I now know the Truth.

Because I was so happy, my parents, my brother, and my sisters attended the work shop in the church.

About 6 month’s later my parents arranged a marriage for my brother. This arrangement was set up for him to be married outside of the unification church. Although I was very happy my brother was getting married, I strongly disagreed for them not to be married in the church. I hoped for him to marry in the church center of God.

Because of that my father hit my face with a slipper. My eye was purple . Even so, I did not care for my terrible face. I was just happy to know the Truth.

2 years later, I became a full time member. My father was so upset because I quit my job.
My parents also used to read the communist Sunday News Paper (Akahata). I am sure they had a connection with that group.

The one day, my father and brother kidnapped me from my church. They kept me in a room and brought me food.
It was hard for them to keep an eye on me, which enabled me to escape after a week.

Then a few days later, they kidnapped me again. They brought me to my Father’s cousin’s house. My father thought he would change my mind by doing this to me. My father’s cousin’s wife had a religion as well. She told me that she wished she had as much faith as I did, and to do my best. I left their home the next day, and went back to the church.

My father and brother kidnapped me for the third time, and this time they brought me to a mental hospital. My father said I started to talk to myself. I said it was a prayer, but the doctor said it was not normal. I was so scared, I ran away without my shoes.
I asked a Taxi driver to take me to my church. I said I would pay him when we got there. He said it was too far and very expensive.
He told me he would bring me to the nearest station and I could take a train. He gave me his business card with money.
I felt God had sent him to help me.

After retuning to the church for a few days, my father and brother kidnapped me for the forth time, and said to choose either ‘church’
or my ‘parents’, and if I chose the church, he would kill me as well as himself. I said let me go to the church to think. I went back to the church.
I asked the church leader about what my father told me.
He said there was no parent who would kill their own child. But I could not believe what he said. I thought my father united with Satan, and he would really kill me. My only concern was that my father would become a killer because of me.

A few days later, for the fifth and final time, my father and brother returned to kidnap me. They brought me back to the house where a few relatives were already gathered.
It was really tense, just as if Jesus was being hang as the cross. I went to the bathroom several times to pray that Heavenly Father would guide me through this.

My father, once again, told me he would kill me with the kitchen knife if I decided to choose the church over my family. I finally had enough and told him to “ Kill me right now!”
One of my relatives then spoke out “ what is she doing wrong? She didn’t do anything.” That changed his spirit. He did not kill me. I could now escape again.
I was in Osaka, but my mission changed to Kyoto for 6months.
During that time, my father kept calling me. After I came back from Kyoto, an elder member in the church whose name was Mrs. Ooka took me to my house to talk to my father. My father told her with an angry tone that he did not need his daughter any more.
She said “ OK, I will adopt her.” Since I was so tired of my parent’s harassment, I decided to let Mrs. Ooka take care of me.
My last name changed from Koyama to Ooka. I was 25 years old.

Because of her support and love, I came to the USA next year to match with my husband in the church. And now I have a husband from England and 3 wonderful college age children.

Now I strongly believe that my dream and the purpose of life which is “One Family Under God” will come true.

~Peace Maker


Religious Freedom Rally 11-16-10 at the Japanese Consulate in New York City from UC on Vimeo.


Higuchi on Radio from UC on Vimeo.
S.A.F.E (Survivors Against Forced Exit)


No comments:

Post a Comment